Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesThree FriendsVeteran25000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Awards:
    Most Popular
    Level

Default Re: helping hand for employees

your private business or working for others?
    There is no such thing as a Gay baby, if there were, I'm sure there'd be a screening test for it by now, to allow for an early termination [/SIZE]

2. Sponsored Links
    A steamed Member
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 268
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level

Quote Originally Posted by MoparMan View Post
    Agreed. Didn't try to brag for sure. We will get our money back too. Just thought I'd share good things & happiness. Like I mentioned, we've done this many times before. Just suggesting valued employees & their families sometimes need more than a pay check. Especially if they have no credit. I also saw that movie about "Pay it Forward". I was extremely "down & out" back in the late 70's. If it wasn't for my fellow ChemLawn guys, I don't know what I would have done. Slept on the living room floor for a while, then built up enough money to buy an old car, then saved up enough for an apartment. (divorce)

Scagguy -- you really think I was trying to brag?? Ever been stuck with a 33 year-old kid's college loans that exceeded $30,000??

Bottom line -- you gotta know the circumstances.
    By 33 years old, the "kid" should be paying off his or her own loans.

Even obamer paid off his own student loans (after they had a million dollar condo, priorities, you know..)
    "Just cuz a piece of equipment is old, doesn't necessarily mean it's rusty" Quoted from: Sheshovel

Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level

Quote Originally Posted by Fyshstykr View Post
    Nope, I am one of the few that lay up the finest carbon fiber bike wheels on this here planet.
    you gotta line on cheap carbon fiber?
    One day, a long, long time ago there lived a woman who did not whine, nag or bitch. But it was a long time ago and just that one day.....

Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 93
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level

I won't mention who I work for, however I will say that we are the" Top Dog" when it comes to downhill carbon fiber bike tires. And the road bike market is the target now.

One thing I will say about the company I work for is that all of our wheels are "American Made" by choice, and we're bringing all of our overseas production(handle bars, frame pieces, shocks, seat post) back home. Hopefully it's a trend that will continue around here as some of the ski industry seems to be bringing jobs back home also.

As far as cheap carbon fiber......it's my understanding that you don't want cheap when it comes to this stuff.
    Is President Obama a weak ineffectual leader, or an overbearing Tyrant sitting in the Oval Office with a crown on his head?

FOX News has me so confused!

Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 59
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level

I won't mention who I work for, however I will say that we are the" Top Dog" when it comes to downhill carbon fiber bike tires. And the road bike market is the target now.

One thing I will say about the company I work for is that all of our wheels are "American Made" by choice, and we're bringing all of our overseas production(handle bars, frame pieces, shocks, seat post) back home. Hopefully it's a trend that will continue around here as some of the ski industry seems to be bringing jobs back home also.

As far as cheap carbon fiber......it's my understanding that you don't want cheap when it comes to this stuff.
    HOWEVER??? Why are you on a Lawn forum if you don't work in the Green Industry?? OR does your Employer pay peanuts like Larry and you need to work two or more jobs to eat Hot Dogs and Beans?? You should have voted for conservative party, the liberals aren't giving you a piece of the pie.

Achievements:
    OverdriveRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level

I have some 5.7 ounce carbon its cheap at thirty. A yard. I'd love to get some three ounce carbon. But its more than a hundred a yard. I don't want to spends that much. The 5.7 is hard to work with, not very supple when compared to fiberglass of the same weight
    One day, a long, long time ago there lived a woman who did not whine, nag or bitch. But it was a long time ago and just that one day.....

Just Me
    Overall activity: 70.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsRecommendation First ClassCreated Album picturesOverdriveVeteran
    Level

Quote Originally Posted by pRic View Post
    HOWEVER??? Why are you on a Lawn forum if you don't work in the Green Industry?? OR does your Employer pay peanuts like Larry and you need to work two or more jobs to eat Hot Dogs and Beans?? You should have voted for conservative party, the liberals aren't giving you a piece of the pie.

we met John when he was in the lawn industry. He took a different path for his career and choose to stay around. Certainly have no problem with that, as I and John have gone back many years and I like the guy!!!

http://pureprohome.com/
    http://pureprolawn.com/
    http://pureprosnow.com/

---------------------------------------

Achievements:

Level

Quote Originally Posted by DynaMow View Post
    we met John when he was in the lawn industry. He took a different path for his career and choose to stay around. Certainly have no problem with that, as I and John have gone back many years and I like the guy!!!
    My apology to John for assuming he worked two jobs. However He should vote conservative. Ovomit's under hand methods are finally coming to light. That something Fox has been trying to us you years now.

Overall activity: 62.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level

And what's wrong with 2 jobs?....
    "Sell yourself like a dirty hooker" ~ Grassman
    ".....gotta go at it hard and in numbers" ~ Grassman
    "I have lost about 1/4"" ~Grassman

“If you're not prepared to be wrong, you'll never come up with anything original.” ― Ken Robinson
    It's only murder if they find the body. Otherwise, it's just a missing person.

I made Nong a part of the 'Murkin lingo
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Most Popular
    Level

you wouldnt know Jeff

you have a part time hobby........

and then you do some lawn care on the side
    There is no such thing as a Gay baby, if there were, I'm sure there'd be a screening test for it by now, to allow for an early termination [/SIZE]

Achievements:
    Level

Back in 2005 I became unemployed and decided to try lawn care and property maint' since it was something that I enjoyed doing for myself. It was a great gig for 3 yrs until the economy soured and I found myself losing my commercial accounts because they wanted to keep their employees working and figured they would have them performing the maint', and also I wasn't growing anymore because of the abundance of people in the area who were experiencing layoffs and job losses who were getting into the business. I don't blame them as they took the same route as myself and many others who found it a relatively cheap business to get into. Snow removal was a boomtown for a few years also until the weather became uncooperative and it seems in my neck of the woods we seem to get less snow and more rain.

Anyway, the writing was on the wall and I decided to sell almost all of my equipment, gave all of my accounts to a friend of mine and went back to school, I actually received a small government grant and went to a local applied technology college and studied carbon fiber manufacturing. The northern Utah area is often referred to a "Ground Zero" for the carbon fiber industry because of our many local defense contractors, Hill AFB, Boeing, ATK, and the booming outdoor industry(Biking and skiing).

before I had even finished with the program I became employed by my current employer, we now have roughly 100 employees and have expanded twice in the past year, with plans to employ almost 400 by 2015 and build our own facility next year. As I mentioned earlier they are bringing jobs home from China.

Quote Originally Posted by marcsmith View Post
    I have some 5.7 ounce carbon its cheap at thirty. A yard. I'd love to get some three ounce carbon. But its more than a hundred a yard. I don't want to spends that much. The 5.7 is hard to work with, not very supple when compared to fiberglass of the same weight
    I'm guessing the carbon fiber is a braided heavy matte material. If your doing a cold lay up try saturating the material heavily with your resin before applying to your mold, it will become much more flexible and easier to work with. I've learned from personal experience with this stuff that it will try to control you....show it who's boss and make it conform to the mold, manipulate the **** out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by DynaMow View Post
    Thanks Craig, I think your a pretty alright dude yourself. Wish we were able to have a few beers together sometime.

My apology to John for assuming he worked two jobs. However He should vote conservative. Ovomit's under hand methods are finally coming to light. That something Fox has been trying to us you years now.
    I was actually a Republican when I was younger, hell I even voted for Bush1&2 and thought Reagan was "The Man". Over the past several years my inner conscience has turned me a different direction and in all reality I wouldn't really consider myself a Democrat, I would consider myself an 'Independent' as I can see things on both side of the aisle that I support. But the past two election cycles have found me leaning a bit left and I truly believe the President Obama was a better choice than what was being offered from the other side and if something doesn't change with The Republican party as it is today I'll probably stay leaning a bit to the left. Now if a middle of the road fella from the Republican party such as John Huntsman were to run again I would strongly consider throwing my vote his way.
    Is President Obama a weak ineffectual leader, or an overbearing Tyrant sitting in the Oval Office with a crown on his head?

Knuckle dragging trailer puller
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 349
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Level

I realize it's been asked and answered, but who cares if he is in the industry or not?

Good thing you apologized, you were starting to sound like the man you hate so mulch.
    "If voting made a difference they wouldn't let us do it."

— Mark Twain

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Most Popular
    Level

Its all in the interpretation you read what you want to read, MO

Ric didnt say Fysh shouldnt be on a GIF

He asked why he was on a GIF if he wasnt working in the GI, a fair and logical question

What's the crime? stop busting him over it

Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 55
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation First ClassOverdrive25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    User with most referrers
    Level

Fysh -- that's awesome. VERY AWESOME! Also proud that you guys are bringing jobs back to America. I can only imagine the economic struggles you had to endure while attending college (I did too). Sounds like you "got it going" now. Congrats.

American
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 89
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mark O View Post
    I realize it's been asked and answered, but who cares if he is in the industry or not?

Good thing you apologized, you were starting to sound like the man you hate so mulch.
    Originally Posted by pRic
    My apology to John for assuming he worked two jobs.
    You took this for a real apology? Just asking....I took it as he was apologizing for thinking fish would work that hard....

I would guess you know it....but I can't tell for sure.
    Life's A HT!

Achievements:
    Level

Fysh -- that's awesome. VERY AWESOME! Also proud that you guys are bringing jobs back to America. I can only imagine the economic struggles you had to endure while attending college (I did too). Sounds like you "got it going" now. Congrats.
    Thanks Mopie. Things weren't all that bad, and even though I had to go on unemployment for a couple months, I was soon up and rolling again. Before anyone comments on my using unemployment benefits, let me say this....I've paid my fair share into this and that so I had no issue doing what I had to do, that's what it's there for.

As you can see "the label" that you have applied to those that voted for President Obama doesn't necessarily fit me, I've worked since I was 13 yrs old and am not afraid to get dirty.

Quote Originally Posted by leadarrows View Post
    You took this for a real apology? Just asking....I took it as he was apologizing for thinking fish would work that hard....

I would guess you know it....but I can't tell for sure.
    Randy, say what you like, my parents taught me the meaning of honesty and hard work, working hard is nothing new to me.

Keep taking your shots loser!

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Level

Quote Originally Posted by BORN TO MOW View Post
    Its all in the interpretation you read what you want to read, MO

Ric didnt say Fysh shouldnt be on a GIF

He asked why he was on a GIF if he wasnt working in the GI, a fair and logical question

What's the crime? stop busting him over it
    Get a duck up ya.

You aren't in the green industry persay, and nobody is giving you the grief that Fysh has received.

Life would be boring if all we did was talk green stuff and didn't have a bunch of different viewpoints.

Randy, real nice, not sure where that came from. Do you know Fysh personally? Do you know how hard he really works? And what difference does it make as long as he can support his family?

Fysh, anybody that would knock you for using what is yours is irrational. Unless I close my business, I will never be able to collect the money that is rightfully mine through unemployment.

But taxes aren't stealing. Sure.

— Mark Twain

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Most Popular
    Level

Get a duck up ya.

You aren't in the green industry persay, and nobody is giving you the grief that Fysh has received.

Life would be boring if all we did was talk green stuff and didn't have a bunch of different viewpoints.

Randy, real nice, not sure where that came from. Do you know Fysh personally? Do you know how hard he really works? And what difference does it make as long as he can support his family?

Fysh, anybody that would knock you for using what is yours is irrational. Unless I close my business, I will never be able to collect the money that is rightfully mine through unemployment.

OK, I see I am going to have to spell it out (once more for the dummies)

EXACTLY who gave Fysh grief for not being in the Green Industry

Please supply quotes to support your answer

Achievements:

Level

You guy s are jumping on me unjustly. I only ask WHY as BTM pointed out. Most Political posts on this forum are from a Conservative point of view other than Marc and Fysh who both are more Liberal. My apology was real and directed more to DynaMow who corrected me as well as Fysh. The last thing we need on Turf Topics is an other Green T who obviously doesn't work at any thing except Trolling on LS and other forums all day long. The reason I like Turf Topics is the fact there are more Right wing people than the Left wing people. I still read LS and have nothing bad to say about LS. But I enjoy posting here more than I do on LS.

Just Me
    Overall activity: 70.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsRecommendation First ClassCreated Album picturesOverdriveVeteran
    Level

well you are a real joy to have around!!

http://pureprohome.com/
    http://pureprolawn.com/
    http://pureprosnow.com/

---------------------------------------

American
    Achievements:
    Level

My bad...I was sure that was what Ric meant....I will turn in my mind reading permit for one week as punishment.
    Life's A HT!

American
    Achievements:
    Level

Get a duck up ya.

Real nice? For guessing wrong what I thought someone else meant? I didn't say it or imply it. I just thought that's what he meant.....how hard fish does or does not work has nothing to do with what I ticks me off about him.
    Life's A HT!

Achievements:
    Level

Boyz, boyz, boyz....let's have a group hug.

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Level

Screw you.

I figured there was too mulch assuming going on, so I was to drop out of the "I thought he said\meant\implied" part of this thread.

— Mark Twain

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Most Popular
    Level

...why stop at the huggin'?

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Level

Quote Originally Posted by BORN TO MOW View Post
    ...why stop at the huggin'?
    Well, duh, not all of us are poofs.

I can assure you I'm not.

— Mark Twain

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Most Popular
    Level

there you go again, assuming what you want to assume........

Achievements:
    Level

Let's hug it out my friends.

American
    Achievements:
    Level

You all think what you want...I have heard this before said just the way I took it....the written word can trick you....any of you....just the same. Ric denies it so I will take him at his word...but when I read those words strung together like that, folks around here would say it with much sarcasm...it still looks like he is saying it just the way I thought he meant it to me.....

All I have to go by is what fish represents him self as, with the words he types on the forum...if Jeff is a different fellow then fish at heart....I don't know Jeff at all.....what I know of fish....I don't care for much....he is free to think the same of me....is this a great country or what? Until obummmer gets done anyway....
    Last edited by leadarrows; 06-04-2013 at 08:37 PM.
    Life's A HT!

Achievements:
    Level

C'mon Randy, you don't know what I type and how I represent myself because you have me on ignore. Huh?

Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 48
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level

There are a few guys on here that really like the word assume, in its various form, this is if great concern, and needs to be addressed by Pat Robertson.
    we also need rules on the group hug. No more than three pats on the back. All pats must be a minimum of 12 inches above the gluteous maximus. No lips brushing the cheek. No thrusting motions.
    I hope I've got it all covered. Oh, clothing must remain on.
    The career chemophobes are universally afflicted with a peculiar myopia that allows them to hallucinate molehills of bad consequences of the use of chemicals while totally ignoring the mountains of benefits from their use.
    (From JunkScience.com )

American
    Achievements:
    Level

Too Risky.
    Life's A HT!

Achievements:
    Awards:
    User with most referrers
    Level

Okay then, how about Mike Huckabee ???

Achievements:
    Level

Hucklebees ship has sailed, besides he likes the "FAUX NEWS" money more than having to deal with real issues.

Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 42
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level

Attachment 11403pRic --

No credit, no running vehicles.

. Please forgive the "ford" (escape) in the background.

Why , you admitted your wife drives a mercury mariner, its the same damn thing.

Achievements:

Level

Okay then, how about Mike Huckabee ???
    Jesus freak who thinks the bible is more important then the US constitution.( No I don't mean the ship)

Achievements:
    Awards:
    User with most referrers
    Level

Fyshstyker -- I agree. Mike Huckabee is a good man. I'm very happy for him, and the wife & I enjoy his FOX program. I met him twice, saw his band 3 times. He has also donated millions to the state of Arkansas (visited 2 of his parks there).

ai inc -- I always give crap to ferd owners. It's a gift I have. lol Yet any American car company is a preferred company instead of any foreign-owned one.

"Bible is more important than the US Constitution"??? They go "hand & hand" IMO. 3rd = Honor.

Huckabee carried Iowa, but most Iowans realize that New Hampshire is a liberal state. just sayin'

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Most Popular
    Level

God's law is higher than man's law

Achievements:

Level

Fyshstyker -- I agree. Mike Huckabee is a good man. I'm very happy for him, and the wife & I enjoy his FOX program. I met him twice, saw his band 3 times. He has also donated millions to the state of Arkansas (visited 2 of his parks there).

ai inc -- I always give crap to ferd owners. It's a gift I have. lol Yet any American car company is a preferred company instead of any foreign-owned one.

"Bible is more important than the US Constitution"??? They go "hand & hand" IMO. 3rd = Honor.

Huckabee carried Iowa, but most Iowans realize that New Hampshire is a liberal state. just sayin'
    Actualy NH is a purple state. Always has been always will be. The very first pres election was a 50-50 split. In 00 Dubs won 51%-49%. In 04 Kerry 51-49. Myself Im a Ron Paul guy . Always was , always will be.

Thread Information